American Board of Directors
Jeffrey Huber, President
Jeff came to know Jesus when he was 28 years old in 1999. His plans of pursuing a Professional Engineering (PE) certification changed to pursuing Jesus Christ. Though he continued to work as an engineer his focus became studying the Bible and sharing the truth of Jesus with others. The Lord brought Jeff and Kathy together in late 2001 and they married in 2002. Jeff and Kathy now have 3 children which Kathy homeschools. Opportunities for short term mission trips took Jeff and Kathy to many local events/outreaches, Nepal, Dominican Republic (Jeff only), Uganda and South Sudan to share the good news of Jesus Christ. In 2006 a man shared at their church about the atrocities happening to the civilians in Sudan. It was then that his heart was broken for the people of Sudan. Jeff took his first trip to Sudan (now S. Sudan) in 2007 to teach at a Bible college and he met David. As they kept in touch for the next 3 years the Lord kept the passion alive to start a ministry in Sudan. In 2010 Jeff and David began God’s Tender Mercy to care for orphans in David’s village. Jeff went later that year to their village to meet the children and David’s wife Grace. He has traveled to South Sudan many times since to teach, evangelize and help with practical needs. Today Jeff teaches Bible studies at work, he teaches the 8-12 year old Sunday school class with his wife and they enjoy helping others. Two Bible verses he holds dear:
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isaiah 6:8)
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
Pastor Bill Alderson, Treasurer
Pastor Bill Alderson is a graduate of Western New England University (Springfield, MA) with a degree in accounting and was licensed as a certified public accountant in Maryland in 1992. He also graduated from Maryland Bible College & Seminary (Church Ministries) in 1994 and was ordained as a minister by the State of Maryland. He planted a church in Northeast Ohio in 1998 and was its overseeing pastor for 12 years. He has been occupied with church ministry of all kinds since his ordination. He also has managed the finances of a number of non-profit religious and non-religious organizations. He currently leads a nursing home ministry in the Baltimore area and is treasurer of multiple Christian organizations.
Steve Eichler, Secretary
Steve is a saint of the Most High God bought by the blood of Jesus Christ. His life aim can be summarized by John 17:3 which says 'This is eternal life, that they may KNOW YOU, the One true God and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.'
Statement of Faith
We stand upon the written Word of God, the Bible, and trust in its entirety of written truth.
Below are foundational truths from the Word of God:
- The Holy Bible is fully and uniquely the inspired Word of God, the only infallible, sufficient & authoritative rule of faith & practice.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Father is a Spirit and has never been seen by man.
- Jesus Christ is God and is the Only Savior of mankind, was born of a virgin, He lived a sinless life, He died for the sins of mankind, He paid for sins by the shedding of His own blood on the cross, He bodily resurrected 3 days later, He ascended into Heaven, He is the only mediator between God and man, He will personally return in power and glory and He will judge the living and the dead.
- People can only be saved from the penalty of their sin, which is to be separated from God for all eternity in Hell, by turning from their sin (repent) and placing their full faith and trust in Jesus’ payment for their personal sin. God grants forgiveness to those who do. God forgives only because Jesus has already paid the full price for sin. Good deeds can never make up for a person's sins. Forgiveness is the gift of God through Jesus Christ. God calls people into a personal relationship with Himself through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit dwells within every person who has repented and placed their full faith and trust in Jesus. The Holy Spirit provides the power for every Christian to live a Godly life.
- All true believers in Jesus Christ are considered the Body of Christ and are the Church. Believers have spiritual unity with each other and with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the future, all who have died will have their bodies raised from the dead. Those having faith in Jesus Christ will enter into eternal life. Those without faith in Jesus Christ will enter into eternal damnation.
God's Tender Mercy is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Donations are deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Employer Identification Number: 27-5349297